Cookies make your online experience personalised by helping us show you relevant Playrcart adverts when you browse other websites, helping us to understand how you are using our own website, and saving you lots of time by remembering your details. But how do they do it?
Cookies are actually small files that are stored on your computer or phone. They store small bits of data so that when you visit a website, it can remember your preferences and make sure it shows you content that is relevant to you.
All cookies have expiry dates that determine how long they stay in your browser:
• Session cookies are temporary cookies that expire automatically whenever you close your browser.
• Persistent cookies usually stay in your browser for a set period, or until you manually delete them.
Every email we send to you contains small gif files known as tracking pixels.
These are small graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable us to recognise when our marketing subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links. This allows us to record each subscriber's email address, IP address, device ID, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign.
We use this data to create reports about how interesting or useful our marketing campaigns were to our users, then we can adjust them to make our campaigns more relevant. For example, if you never open emails about Art, we'll start to assume you don't want to receive emails about Art!
If you turn off all cookies, Playrcart won’t work properly. But if you want to, you can delete your cookies and manage how cookies are used for the browser you use.
Here are the instructions for desktop browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Internet Explorer
And here are the instructions for mobile browsers:
• Google Chrome on Android
• Firefox on Android
• Safari on iOS
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Without cookies most websites wouldn’t work, that includes Playrcart.
The cookies necessary for Playrcart to work allow us to:
• Add items to your basket and create an order
• Check your order status
• Enable customer service agents to chat with you
If you log in to Playrcart using social login, the social login partner (such as Google or Facebook) will use certain cookies to allow you to log in. You can check Google and Facebook’s privacy and cookie policies on their websites.
Analytics cookies help us understand how people are using our website. This helps us to constantly improve things.
The analytics cookies we use allow us to see:
• if you’ve visited Playrcart before
• who’s visited our website without being logged into an account — this tells us how many people are new to Playrcart
• how much time people spend on Playrcart and when they close their browser
• how our customers got to Playrcart — for example, if they came to our website from a Google search
• which parts of our website are being used and which parts aren’t
Cookies to improve the content you see
We’re also always testing out new ways of making Playrcart as good as it can be.
We do this by trying out new ideas with small groups of customers before rolling things out to everybody. In order to do this we need to use… yes, you’ve guessed it: Cookies!
The cookies we use for this allow us to:
• know which versions of our website you are visiting
• control which versions you visit — to find out which ones work best
We use third party cookies and pixels to collect data about your browsing activity on our website. This means we can show you relevant Playrcart adverts when you browse other websites. This might include ads for item types you’ve ordered before — or ads showing you what it's like to be a Playrcart rider or explaining how to apply if you’ve previously visited our rider apply page.
The third party advertising partners that we typically work with are listed below. You can control your ad preference on their websites by following the links below: